Let us put this Idea to rest before we even start–you do not must be Instagram famous to your brand to find the best results.
Learning how to be successful on Instagram isn’t just about follower count. Instead, success comes from engaged audiences and great content. It may seem overwhelming to consider ensuring successful results when you are only starting an Instagram marketing strategy, but you might discover that the same approach of careful preparation will help you here.
That is why we’ve put together a simple but highly effective five-step guide on the way to succeed on Instagram. Follow the following Instagram success tips to enhance your strategy.
- Plan Out Your Content Plan
You probably already know it’s not enough to post a few photos or videos, and await the viewer to come hurrying in. Instead, you need to construct a content strategy like you would for any other social media marketing campaign.
Listed below are some specific guidelines for Instagram:
- Research the bests posts in your industry and monitor your competitors. Find 5-10 competitors (such as similar brands) and record their top posts within the past couple of months. Mark all of the commonalities: product-related, bright colors, photos of people, and other themes, and determine what works. You don’t only want to replicate different reports, but this can help you get a pulse on what’s grabbing attention in your niche.
- Start building a plethora of content around a similar theme or idea. You’ll receive greater consistency in your quality and message by planning out sufficient posts that may provide at least a month or 2 of content. Adjust them to a social website calendar and ensure each post has a consistent vibe.
- Try to be as distinctive as possible with your content. Even though that’s easier said than done, a creative drama on Instagram works and there are lots of reliable ways to get inspiration for Instagram post thoughts. Whether it’s the endless table by Reynolds Wrap or the consistent bright color motif of Bioré, motifs work.
- Invest in photo editing tools for your content. Whether it’s Adobe Photoshop or VSCO, your content has to be leading to grabbing the audience’s eyes. Beautiful, breath-taking photography consistently gets your audiences’ interest.
It might seem like a great deal of work initially merely to build out content, but the rewards are worth it. Better content leads to more engagement. When followers genuinely enjoy and look ahead to everything you post, you’re increasing your odds of converting them into a lead or customer.
- Utilize Branded Hashtags
As a new on societal, you want some form of marketability. It is a thin line between being promotional and resourceful.
To avoid being overly promotional but still advertise your brand, consider branded Instagram hashtags. A significant stat to know is seven out of 10 hashtags on Instagram are also branded. This means your hashtag needs to be unique, engaging, and memorable.
For example, Thrive Market uses the hashtag #letsthrive to promote user-generated content on Instagram. The hashtags function as a source of interaction between the users and the brand. Rather than a promotion, you’re simply highlighting your customers.
Instagram success expert tip: Remember to completely inspect your chosen hashtag as occasionally it could be connected with something different. Avoid the embarrassment and be more thorough with your hashtag effort.
- Have a Call to Action
Here’s a question each business should ask themselves about its own Instagram approach –what drives users to follow and engage with your brand? Like we mentioned previously, having gorgeous photos certainly helps attract users. However, how will your audience understand exactly what the next thing is in case you don’t have an appropriate call to action?
Instagram captions are essential for a successful account. They provide your audience everything out of context for your services and products to essential calls to action to induce conversion ahead. For instance, Bucketfeet, a shoe manufacturer, utilizes Instagram captions to highlight collaborations and fresh or restricted designs.
This caption does a Fantastic job of emphasizing the layout’s limited edition run to nudge consumers to purchase today. Captions also provide great opportunities to use your newly developed branded hashtags and spread awareness.
Don’t Forget Your Link
Instagram is unique because it allows just one link located in the user’s bio. It is a common practice for the captions to lead viewers to the link in your Instagram bio. That is why your connection should be relevant and fresh as you can.
It’s a really common best practice to link to a custom Instagram landing page, which typically features a lot of easy-to-find links to current content, products, or services mentioned in your feed. You can use an Instagram-specific webpage builder or create and update your own–either way, you’ll ensure users have access to a myriad of highly relevant content which lines up with what they have seen in your recent posts and transfers them into your marketing funnel effectively.
Evernote does this to promote its latest collaborations and talking events. For example, the company published a link that directed users to the SXSW speaking sessions, but also had a direct button to get Evernote also.
By using a unique landing page, you direct users from Specific Instagram articles to an actionable page that is aligned with the aim of that post.
- Engage With Instagram Users
If you’re relatively new to creating your brand on Instagram, it is essential to take small steps toward building engagement. But, smaller brands can begin after their lovers or those considered “power users”
At the same time, utilize your space to engage with users and follow them if they create content related to your industry. Urban Outfitters regularly posts user-generated content from artists, photographers, and cooperating designers.
Some of your biggest fans might already be producing great Instagram content. Try to see how they can collaborate with your brand to work out for both parties.
Avoid Robotic Interactions
Nobody wants to speak with an automated message, so avoid robotic replies. Even big manufacturers like Dr. Pepper find the time to respond to followers together with quippy and entertaining answers. It doesn’t have to become a full-on conversation, but replying can do wonders for an Instagram engagement.
So be sure you’re willing to put in the attempt to reply to those in need. If you want recommendations and very good reviews, prepare yourself to use Instagram as a source of information and connectivity.
- Connect With Influencers
As we previously mentioned, many brands incorporate user-generated content to connect with customers, collaborate on content, and promote one another’s Instagram. But these people don’t want one million consumers or have to be a celebrity that will help you gain more exposure.
Rather, brands have to find their niche social media influencers that can increase engagement and the conversation around your company. Here are key steps for finding influencers on Instagram:
- Use BuzzSumo to find your industry leaders and follow them. This is a superb way to find lesser-known influencers with a core demographic following in your particular industry.
- Engage with influencers and don’t jump straight to asking about collaborations. Comment on their content or request a few questions that are associated with your business or industry. Then you can ask the bigger question.
- Start small. More probable than not, top tier influencers have already been contacted or maybe have a procedure set up for collaborations. Start on the smaller side and build your way up to individuals who have massive followings.
It is wise to nurture and value your connections because the same as your viewers, influencers deal with automatic messages all of the time. Try to construct real relationships by meeting up in business events or requesting to sponsor joint webinars.
There’s plenty of ways to connect, but if you do it correctly, your successful Instagram accounts are going to be a source of entertainment and information to your audience.
Full-service digital marketing agency specialized in SEO, Pay per Click marketing and website optimization areas.